The TR-Spy Mark II is the next generation of the legendary TR-Spy which had
quickly become recognized as the World's most advanced Three Phase Transformer
The TR-Spy Mark II is a rugged, lightweight instrument that automatically
measures Turns Ratio, Voltage Ratio, Excitation Current, Phase Relationship, and
This fully automatic instrument can perform precision laboratory measurements
as well as function extremely well in the field for routine maintenace testing.
A single hook-up to the transformer is all that is needed to run a complete
series of tests because all connections of various transformer configurations
are accomplished internally.
The Mark II system does not require any charts or calculations for testing.
The system can test more combinations of transformer configurations than any
other system making it the most versatile and easiest to use system available.
The Mark II tests one of the widest ratio ranges available (0.8....13,000)
and has the highest accuracy of any Automatic Three Phase Ratiometer (0.08%).
See also rack-mount model: TR-Mark IIR
- Fully automatic
- Highest accuracy of measurements of Voltage / Turns ratio, current, and
- Ability to switch between voltage ratio and turns ratio
- Large internal storage for test results
- Conforms to IEC, ANSI and Australian Standards.
- Single hook up to the transformer
- Single push button operation
- 5 Test voltages:and Auto.,1,10,40,& 100 Vac
- Comparison with a nominal ratio
- Load on test object < 0.05 VA
- Heavy duty protection circuitry
- Centronics (Parallel) and RS232 (Serial) Interface
- Safety emergency shut off
- System is housed in a rugged, lightweight,and water proof case
- Self calibrating
- Available output for tap changer application
- PC application for data transfer
- Firmware up date available via the internet
- 2 Year standard warranty
- Turns Ratio Range: 0.8....13,000 - Resolution: 5 Digits
Turns Ratio measurement Accuracy 0.08%
Test Current 0..1 Ampere, Accuracy 0.001
- Phase Angle ± 180 Degrees, Accuracy 0.05 Degree
- Panel Display: LCD Graphic with back lighting
- Front Panel: Sealed, Piezo-electric actuation
- Interface: 9 Pin RS232 Serial / 25 Pin Centronics Parallel
- Input Power: 100 to 240 vac 50 / 60 Hz Autoranging
- Output Voltage: User Selectable: Automatic, 100, 40, 10, and 1 Vac (1
- Operating Temperature -10 °C to 60 °C
- Storage Temperature -40 °C to 70 °C
- Size: L x W x H: 18. 5" (470 mm) x 14.6" (371 mm) x 7.5"
- Weight: 19.7 lbs. (9 kg)
- Free download of application SpyTools or ToolBox
- TRO201 Measuring cable extensions in various length
- TRO203 External Trigger