Universal test instrument for testing the electrical safety of portable
electrical equipment in commercial and medical applications.
In order to evaluate electrical safety, tests are performed for protective conductor
connections, insulation resistance and leakage current (differential current,
equivalent leakage current, device leakage current, patient leakage current,
Technical safety tests for, amongst others:
- Electrical equipment per DIN VDE 0701-0702, 2008-6 edition
- Electrical medical devices per DIN VDE 0751 / IEC 62353
- Testing of protective conductor resistance up to 10 A possible
- Automatic adaptation to either 110 V / 60 Hz or 230 V / 50 Hz mains power
Automatic recognition of safety class (I, II) (with german and french outlet
only) and mains connection errors (model
- Menu-driven test sequences: fully automated or manual
- Safety for the user thanks to integrated personal protection - suitable
for persons with basic electro-technical instruction
- Convenient memory and report generating functions (optional for model S2N+)
- Data interface for PC, printer and barcodes
- Report generation with printer modules PSI, SI, SI+
or PC software
- new: Data import in ETC software - free
download via registration in myGMC (see below)
- User interface in German
- Parallel test sockets for devices under test without mains plug
- Patient leakage current: AC and DC components measured separately
- Equivalent leakage current measurement with approx. 230 V test voltage
- Function test with power analysis
- Temperature measurement
- Current measurement (with optional current clamp meter)
- Voltage and resistance measurement
- Dimensions: 292 x 130 x 243 mm, weight: 4.0 e.q. 4.5 kg
- Including automatic detection and indication of whether or not the probe
is connected to PE
- Including direct read-out of measurement data via the RS 232 interface (direct
- Including calibration certificate in accordance with DAkkS
New functions – tailored to DIN VDE 0701-0702:
- Testing SELV / PELV protective measures (AC/DC voltage measurement, TRMS
- Testing of 3-phase current devices and 3-phase extension cables with a
rated current of greater than 16 A in combination with our AT3-II or VL2
3-phase current adapter.
- Omission of the protective conductor test (necessary, for example, when
testing submersible pumps and coffee machines)
- Multiple measurement of protective conductor connections (necessary for
devices with several protective conductor connections)
- Deactivation of the insulation resistance measurement (required, for
example, when testing PCs and other electronic data processing devices)
- Evaluation of, in particular, 3-phase extension cables in consideration of
length and cross-section
Additional measures and tests:
- The SECUTEST series is VDE GS tested and certified (ID no. 091716 G)
- The test instruments are laid out as protection class II devices.
- Before each test, the mains system to which the SECUTEST (or the device
under test) is connected is tested for correctly connected protective
conductor, mains, voltage value within the mains and suitable mains
configuration (warning for IT networks because leakage current may result in
false assessments in this case).
The device under test is checked for the following before each test:
– Is there a short-circuit between L and N?
– Does body contact exist between L and the housing?
– Is the device under test connected to the test socket?
– Is the test probe connected to the SECUTEST?
– Is the device under test equipped with a protective conductor?
- During testing, the SECUTEST continuously monitors the flow of current and
immediately disconnects the test socket from the mains if fault current of
greater than approximately 15 mA occurs.
|| Features Combination
||Test current ±200 mA DC
selectable test current ±200 mA DC and 10
Data memory for
up to 125 tests
|Further possibilites, features and options
- see SECUTEST SIII+